Regardless, it was about 12 months ago that I first signed up to their newsletter. My video editing business wasn’t ready for their services at that time but I was happy to receive their marketing emails. They were written by Ruben (Bidsketch) and rather than being salesy they were insightful and packed with great information on how to win clients and increase sales. If you’re a small business owner and want to grow your business, I recommend signing up to their email list, even if you don’t want to use their product.
The emails from Ruben were crucial in keeping Bidsketch top of my mind. At the start of 2017, I decided it was time to expand my business. As you probably know, expansion means finding new clients and finding new clients means submitting a lot of bids.
Before using Bidsketch I would use a Pages template that laid out all the relevant information for the potential client. This served me well but creating a new proposal for each client was time-consuming.
Fast-forward to now and I started using Bidsketch 10 days ago.
Already, I’ve submitted 4 bids and have had one bid accepted and another bid about to be accepted. The best part is that I created all of these bids in less than 3 hours. That’s record time compared to my previous, Pages workflow.
My bids are video production related and a lot of my clients require similar services. This means I can save a Bidsketch template that works for most of them. I just need to tweak 10% of the bid before submitting it.
Here is a list of what I love and what I don’t love about Bidsketch:
- Easy to use interface.
- Can save my own custom templates or use the many templates that Bidsketch offers.
- Can easily add a cost breakdown including discounts (Bidsketch sorts out the numbers!)
- Works in multiple currencies.
- Can see how clients are interacting with the bid (ie. when they’ve opened it, how long they spent reviewing it.)
- It’s super easy for a client to accept a bid.
- Looks and feels much more professional than the traditional email/PDF proposal.
- The design of the templates seems a little dated (not very modern looking.)
- The formatting is sometimes unreliable when copying and pasting text within the editing interface. This means I have to spend more time to fix formatting.
My overall experience with Bidsketch has been great! It saves me time and is helping me make more money. Most importantly, it helps my company maintain the professionalism expected from a high-end video creation company.